This course provides an overview of the issues surrounding substance misuse in the UK. It gives practical advice on the risks of misuse in children and young people as well as covering what substances can be abused.
- Have a greater awareness of what substance misuse is and its prevalence
- Understand the categories of drugs and their effects
- Learn about the law and drugs and consequences
- Have an increased understanding of why young people use drugs and alcohol
- Recognise the early signs of drug or alcohol use that might indicate a concern
- Understand the impact substance misuse has on families
- Know how to take action if you know or suspect that a child or a young person is using drugs or alcohol
This course is CPD accredited. It meets accepted Continuing Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.