By law, food handlers must be able to identify the 14 particular food allergens and to understand why foods containing allergens must be handled carefully. Currently, there are no known cures for food allergies and intolerances, and some cases can prove life-threatening. Ensuring your employees are trained can protect not only your company legally, but also your customers medically.
- Legislation regarding allergen awareness
- Responsibilities of the operator and the consumer
- Impact of legislation on staff
- The difference between a food allergy and intolerance
- Food allergy and allergic reactions & symptoms
- The 14 allergens and products which contain them
- Packaging and labelling food
This course is CPD accredited. It meets accepted Continuing Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.